Thursday, November 22, 2018

Day 3 : Mount Kinabalu

Day 3 :  Mount Kinabalu
2018-11-22 THU  08:00

Mount Kinabalu


For many years I was wrongly proud to believe that I have twice conquered the highest mountain of South East Asia. But recent years I must admit that it was not true.

Mt Kinabalu used to be believed as the highest mountain in South East Asia,
But scientists’ researches show that  Mount Kinabalu, at 4,095.2m, is not the highest mountain in South East Asia. Neither is it the second highest. Mount Hkakabo Razi in Myanmar is the highest at 5,881 m, and there are a few other mountains in Indonesia that are higher than Mount Kinabalu.

Even with this downgrade in status, I still have the desire to climb Mount Kinabalu for the third time one day. For today I just woke up early to look at it from afar.
Mount Kinabalu lift my spirits and keep my dreams alive during tough times while needing a little encouragement.

No comments: