Sunday, June 1, 2008

Simanggang

June 2008

I decided to come to visit my childhood town for a day or two alone leaving my family members in my parent house in Kenyalang.

After I left Simanggang in mid 1964 at the age of 11 I have not been back to this childhood town.  Except passing through twice before.

How is this little Simanggang town now aday?

The bus of Sarawak Transport Company depart Kuching bus terminal at 13:00PM. and arrive Simanggang late afternoon. Soon after I put up at the nearnest hotel  I start walking to the location of my old house.

My greatest hope is to see my old house again, and the guava tree I used to climbed up, and a hill slop on top of which a bushy tree with sour fruits.

My worry came true, the wooden house has long gone and on the location are 2 block of government buildings.

I asked the guide to let me into and see the compound because I grew up here once upon a time there was a wooden house here.

The guide let me in but he curiousely told me he never ever saw a wooden house here and that ever since he was a child he has been seen these 2 concrete buildings.

Simanggang Recreation Club
http://limasen-lbucks.blogspot.com/2010/05/simanggang-recreation-club.html


FORT ALICE,SIMANGGANG----140 YEARS AGO
http://limasen-lbucks.blogspot.com/search/label/FORT%20ALICE-Simanggang-140%20Years%20Ago

No comments: