Monday, June 2, 2008

Big Trees of home town

2 June 2008

I grew up in a small town with big trees.

I return to see with joy they still standing tall at the very same location as I left them 40 years ago in 1964.

40 years, it a long long time. Like friends waited for 40 years standing at the very same spot for my return.

Big trees of home town, how I wished some one could protect them for another 40 years.




Rajah Charles Brooke built Fort Alice in 1864 as a defensive structure controlling the Lupar River.

This is a fort built entirely of ‘belian’ (ironwood) timber with thick walls to withstand attacks.

All of the original structure remains mostly intact, but in extremely dilapidated and run down condition.

History can not be left to ruin. Fort Alice needs restoration.

No comments: