Wednesday, February 5, 1997

Caaguazu - where I wanted to be a farmer


February 05, 1997 (Wednesday)

My outstation work trip to Caaguazu. But, this trip is special, as I brought the whole family to the town. I like this quiet town and having the idea of  in the future coming to settle down here as a farmer. So, this trip I bring my wife and the boy to come have a look.

We have lunch in Brasileiro restaurant near the hotel acrocess the highway.

Evening we cooked quick noodle in the hotel for dinner.  A Korean Supermarket is at the front of the block where we bought sundry from. This is perphep the largest supermarket in the town.

I cam to Caaguazu almost monthly for the last half year because my Taiwan company is buying wood from a wood factory near by in the town.  Every time I stay in the same small hotel and buy foods and drinks from this same supermarket.

The shop attendants are familiar with my face because I came several times. But not the young adult son of the Korean Supermarket whom I never seen in the shop. One day as I walked into supermarket this young son was right behind the front counter at the entrance and almost as soon as he saw me, he started to complain to me in Spanish or perhaps mixed with Korean. My understanding of Spanish is still very limited but I listen careful trying to catch some keywords to know what his trouble is. He repeats point to the cash machine on the counter and I figured out what was wrong.

What he was complaining was that the cash machine "supplied by my company" has been out of order for too long and has been waiting for the supplier to send some one to fix it. And that I came late only now.


While I was trying to say with broken Spanish something like "No No Mi No personel...." (No, no I am not the representative from the company), his shop attendant quickly approached him and tell softly to him that I am not the repair man.  The young shop owner looked at me a while with puzzled and I proceed into his shop with embarrass smile.


This is something I like about my apparent, that I can be "localized" easily in many countries I went.  I have been assumed by some local people as one of them in India, Burma, Thailand, and Brazil.

In India I was look alike a Tibetan or Ceylonese.  In Brazil I was look alike an Amazon tribe.

Except in Hong Kong where they do not consider I am one of them. The Police like to stop me to check whether I have a passport to be there.



February 06, 1997(Thursday)

I finished my QC inspection works in the morning.  We checked out the hotel after lunch to return to Ciudad del Este. We have some time to see more of the town.

As we stroll around Caaguazu town,  I saw a horse-drawn wagon by the street.  Its a farmer's horse carriage. A mother and son were unloading some packages to the shop.  Shirley, my wife, talked to the lady whether their horse cart could take us for a tour round the town for a small fee. The mother gladly accepted. Her young son became our horseman for our half an hour interesting experience sight seeing of mercado of Caaguazu.

They call the horse Calesa.


6 February 1997 - sightseeing on a horse cart in the town of Caaguazu, Paraguay
6 February 1997 - sightseeing on a horse cart in the town of Caaguazu, Paraguay
LIBRERIA COSMOS
COTILLON MERCERIA

BOOKSTORE

ATALAYA DE INMUEBLES
VENTA DE LOTES

BUILDING ATALAYA
SALE OF LOTS



Back to Ciuded del Este, we have dinner in Korean restaurant.


No comments: