Monday, September 2, 2013

Dr. Joseph Wolf

Joseph Wolf
Dr. Wolf's clinic : 878 Jalan  Kuhara Batu 2 3/4 91000 Tawau Tawau Sabah 91000 Malaysia, Tawau, Negeri Sabah, 91000

Dr. Wolf's clinic was at Jalan Kuhara, less then a kilometer down the road where we stay at that time in 1988-2000. I never been to his clinic but my wife and son did.

In 1988 my family moved to settle down in Tawau. Xing, the son, at that time was in nursery school and constantly cough at nigh since baby in Paraguay and has seen several doctors in Paraguay but with no improvement. So when we were back to Malaysia, among the first things I did was to look for a good doctor for children. Shortly we settled in or rented house in Jalan Durian, I shared my worry of my son's persistent illness with a local friend and asked who was the best doctor for children in Tawau. She without hesitation said "Dr. Wolf a very very old German doctor just not too far down the main road".  She offered to bring Shirley and Xing immediately that same day with her car.

Shirley brought Xing a few couple other times. This was how Dr. Wolf came connected into the health of our family. He was almost 85 year old.

One day after returning from seeing Dr. Wolf, my wife related an incident in the clinic : Dr. Wolf was searching and searching for his pen and said "...O! why I keep on forgetting things?.........."  Finally he found it.  This was only a normal incident, but I remember they said DR. was very old and now he has difficulty in where he put his pen. I took this seriously.   A couple of years, I read from a condolent from local news paper that Dr. Wolf has RIP.
He attended to the illness of my son several times. But I never had a chance too meet him or see him as a patient.

Dr. Wolf has a bronze name plat on the front fence of his house. This was how I know where he live. Otherwise we knew very little about the  life of  him except he has been servicing in this little town of Tawau for as long as the local people could remember.

In 2010, many years after he passed away, I came across his published biography "Old doctors never fade away: the life of Dr. Joseph Wolf of Tawau"



Still Winning Accolades In Medicine At 82 :  http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid


.......continue

No comments: