Thursday, November 11, 2010

In search of family root


In a week time, three of us from the family will be in South of China for a week Guided Tour of Guilin City. Guilin is said to be the most beautiful location in China. We look forward to this exciting trip.

But I have another aim in the trip - in search of my family root. As this is a guided tour package when most of the time will be with the tour group in seeing places of interest, I hope there would be occasion when I can venture out in seek of the home towns of Wong Shin Chiang and Pang Len Yin.

Wong and Pang, my grand parents, both came from Guangzhou Province on the same rail road to Guilin City.

Both my grand parents left very little records of their home towns. Neither do they leave any wish that their grand children should return to see their home towns one day in the future. They, like thousand other Hakka Chinese in the overseas, prefer their pass history be left unknown and be forgotten for ever. For that was the reason they were in the oversea to seek a new life and new future. They, like millions others, left their home towns at the time China was at her darkest age.

But I am determine to dick out the hidden secret history of my family. Bringing with me to China is only this few pages of information of them in China:







No comments: